Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Orphans

Just reading some very shocking and saddening statistics from Malawi. Right now in Malawi there are over 1 million orphans, 700,000 of them are because their parents died of AIDS! Does this compute with you? It doesn't with me. There is a medicine that will allow an aids patients to live out their days healthy!! What are we, as a North American culture doing that allows for this to happen? I know we all care, we all are saddened at the thought of orphaned children, we all want to help. Then why is not happening? I just keeping thinking that if every person in Canada gave $1.00 every year - do you know that poverty stricken countries would receive $32,777,304.00 - All for a buck. Can you go without one small coffee once a year? What about once a month? Come on guys, we have the potential as Canadians to bless the nations!! We are a wealthy country with warm-hearted people. We are a people that care. I am so proud to be a Canadian and as a Canadian, I want to help those who are way less fortunate than me. My buck is in the pot. Where's yours??

Send a loonie to TBCF, 515 N. Syndicate Ave. Thunder Bay, ON P7C 3X2. Send this post on to your family and friends and lets see if we can make a difference. I will keep you posted if and when the loonies start coming in!!

No comments: