Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Children

Good Evening,

Jaako and I had another presentation tonight and it always hits home how in need these children are. Just looking again at the clothes, the food and just their lives, it hits home again and again. I never tire watching the presentation or looking at the pictures. Jaako said yesterday to some-one, I realized how lucky I am to live in Thunder Bay. What a good way to say it. We whine and complain about this and that, without ever even really realizing what the other half of the world lives like. I do it too. I've done it since I've been home even. It's winter, my husband is laid off, no money coming in, we have to eat the same foods, whine, whine, whine. It's amazing that I still have the capacity to whine. I'm eating much better than most in Malawi, it may be not be up to standard here, but in their standards, we live like Kings!! I have to shake my head and say: Knock it off Sue! Yes - I admit, I talk to myself. But anyhow, every day is a new day, a new day in which I can be very grateful for the things that I have and even for the things that I don't have and not forget those that have less than me.

1 comment:

Saija said...

i posted an excerpt from The Holy Wild on my blog - re thankfulness ... the story takes place in Uganda and drives home the point you made ...

i have never been to africa, but the pictures and stories are so telling of what life is like - and i'm glad you continue to share your stories ...

blessings on you ...